The EMP 3 is a new balanced multiplayer from Electrocompaniet. A fully fledged and versatile multiplayer with support for all modern audio & video formats. New features to this model are a 4K video up-scaling, HDMI input and dual-core processor which gives a quick startup and fast disc loading speed.
With the 2D to 3D Conversion technology you can take your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content to the next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press of a button.
The EMP 3 is a real multiplayer that works perfectly as a player in a multichannel set-up and as a two channel CD/SACD player. The EMP 3 offers both phono and XLR balances outputs – the way you would expect it from an Electrocompaniet product.
• The EMP 3 incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2H video processor with the latest generation Qdeo™ technology. Qdeo video processing delivers a truly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural video free of noise and artifacts for all types of content.
• SACD playback is possible in both stereo and multichannel – using DSD format. The DSD data-stream is sent directly from the disk to the DAC’s for direct transmission to analogue audio. Filters on the output removes high frequency noise and amplitude and phase characteristics of the signal is maintained.
• A separate balanced stereo output offers high quality two-channel playback to you existing stereo set-up. PCM format is up scaled to 192kHz/24bit before being sent to the DAC’s, DSD format is direct.
• 4K Up-scaling - Enhance the home theater experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution.
• Audio: Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master, 7.1-Channel Analog Output, 2.0 chanel balanced.
• Video: True24p Video, Blu-ray 2D/3D, Full HD 1080p, BD-Live (Profile 2.0), BonusVIEW, HDMI 1.4a, 4K Up-scaling
• Media: CD, DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray (2D and 3D)
• Streaming: DLNA Certified, Ethernet / Wi-Fi
• Connections: Dual HDMI 1.4a outputs, one HDMI input, 2x USB2.0, RS232 , Ethernet wired and wireless, 7.1ch audio,
2.0 ch balanced.
Media support : BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
Streaming: DLNA Certified, Ethernet/WiFi
Connections: Dual HDMI 1.4a, USB2.0, RS232 , Ethernet wired and wireless, 7.1ch audio, 2.0ch balanced.
|No. of channels||7.1ch single ended + 2ch balanced|
|Output impedance||100 Ohm|
|Output level||Balanced, 0dBFs||2Vrms Single ended, 3Vrms Balanced|
|Noise floor||20 - 20 kHz||< - 130 dB|
|Frequency deviation||20 - 20 kHz||< 0.02 dB|
|Channel separation||> 110 dB|
|THD + N||20 - 20 kHz||< 0.004%|
|Digital/Analog Conversion||24 bit, 192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||110dB single ended, 120 dB balanced|
|Compatible formats||CD, DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray (2D and 3D), AVCHD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE, BD-R/RE DL|
|Dimensions||W x D x H||466 x 316 x 93 mm / 18.3 x 12.4 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||10 kg / 22 lbs|
|Power consumption||No load or signal||35 W (0.5W Standby)|
|Audio Outputs||1 x 2ch. balanced line out (XLR)
7.1ch single ended (RCA)
|Digital Outputs||2x HDMI
1x TosLink SPDIF
1x Coax SPDIF
HDMI Audio: up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AAC.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3Dframe-packing 720p/1080p24
|Video Outputs||2 x HDMI (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D